Thursday, September 22, 2011

Potato Head!

Cocktails at Potato Head = BLISS!!!  Check out my favorite place to chill out in Bali, are you jealous yet?  I was just in heaven here, and I never wanted to leave.  In fact I wish I was there again right now! 
Old reclaimed window shutters were sourced from around Indonesia and used for the exterior cladding.  The combination of local reclaimed materials used in a new modern building really appeals to me.  And it looks absolutely stunning on the curved facade.  Potato Head is by Indonesian architect Andra Matin, one of the country's leading architects. 
I love the mid century furniture in one of the lounge areas.  Quite unexpected for a Bali location, not a frangipani or thatched hut to be found here!
 Who doesn't love a bar in the pool?  Who?  I can cross that one off my bucket list now!
A really great example of resort architecture.  Actually reminded me of mid century LA design, totally love it!
 The shutters light up beautifully at night.  Stunning.
A friend recommended Potato Head on our recent trip to Bali for a wedding and wow, it totally blew me away!  Amazing view, delicious cocktails (I mean seriously amazing), yummy snack food, a few gorgeous restaurants, cruisey music and AMAZING architecture/ interiors.  What more could I possibly want?  Shopping?  Well there's a gorgeous boutique, Eleven in the basement too!

No comments:

Post a Comment